Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What else I do

I do a lot of crafting. Last year, I decided to make a needlework purse. One one side I did a crazy quilt panel (whose picture didn't turn out). This was the other side though.


I made an ocean purse because I just love the ocean and want to move down there someday. My favorite beach right now is between Mendocino and Fort Bragg (California coast) see:


This is Caspar Beach. It's a secluded little beach with an RV park nearby. Now Mendocino County in so even summer days are breezy and cool, so this beach is never filled to the brim like, say, Santa Monica or any of those other beaches you'd see in SO CAL.


I usually only get to go for the day, but I always get there real early, just after the sun has risen, and for a little while the beach is all mine.

So, I made this purse. Not that I'd ever seen a mermaid in the cove, she wasn't in the original idea, but she turned out so cute. My ocean floor is littered with beads and shells, some of which I actually picked up on the beach.

Another great place over there are the headlands. The town of Mendocino is actually on a cliff. You can walk out the edge of it and watch waves crash over boulders or beneath 'caves'. The last time I went there I watched some seals as they fished and ate below. You might even be able to pick them out of the second picture, though they are going to be little gray blurs. Like I said before, I don't have the greatest camera.



I've been working on my Granny square blanket a little too. I do the ripple at Grandma's every night and carry the granny around in my purse. Here's what they are looking like:


I don't usually use pastels, don't like them much, but that's what baby yarns (at least the ones I can afford) come in, and I bought a bunch when my friend was pregnant. It's all fingeriing weight, although the lavender row, is a fuzzy acrylic I found at Goodwill and tossed it into the mix for texture.

Hee hee, I do like being able to post pictures.

Blessings all,
Agate

No comments: