Friday, March 9, 2007

Rippling along

Oi vey, I think the blogging gods have issues with me blogging. I have such problems! My first blog, a few years back, was hard to keep up because I'd type up a post and get kicked off the net right as I hit post. Lost interest. My last blog, for crochet, I could never get to post pictures on, no matter how hard I tried. Now, I am having trouble getting the log in page to download. I know most of the problems are probably because of my old laptop, but I can't afford to fix or replace, so I'll just keep trying.

Anyway, I've been crocheting...Ta-daaa!

Here's my ripple blanket. I'm really liking it. Here is the addy for The Never Ending Ripple-Along . There are some fantastic ripples going on there. I'm going to join in today, if my computer lets me stay on. Here's a closer peek.

I'm using the lacy chevron pattern from The Encyclopedia of Crochet by Donna Kooler. My yarn is mostly Red Heart acrylic, although there are a couple skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease, and one vareigated yarn is from an old sweater I ripped apart. I am also using a K hook.

A friend of mine has been bugging me to make her a bunny Amigurumi doll, brown with a fluffy tail. She's also told me that when she and her fiance move into the house they just bought, she will have a room devoted to her two real bunnies and is thinking of hanging a bunny fairy from the ceiling. (Yes, a bunny fairy for the bunny room) So, for a housewarming gift I am making her a bunny fairy, brown with a fluffy tail. The bunny is done, so I am trying to figure out the wings. I tried crocheting them this morning, but I wasn't feeling the cuteness, so I am gonna try fabric, embellished with ribbon and threads, maybe with a crocheted border. Pics when it is done.

I am joining another crochet along too. This one is The Granny-along. Last year I started a granny square blanket for charity, and I'm hoping this will help me finish it.
Well, that's it for today. I'm thinking I will go apply for a job at Michael's (craft store) today. I work at Target, but apparently $50 billion dollars in annual sales, doesn't translate to anything for its employees, so I need a few more hours to make ends meet.

After all, I NEED MORE YARN, of course.

Blessings all.
Agate

2 comments:

mk said...

love it!! orange is my absolute favorite color. love the autumn leaves effect.

Unknown said...

Hey there! Long time no see. Glad to see you are not totally giving up on the blogging thing. Love the ripple! Have a great Sunday!