Thursday, November 19, 2009

Making lace and pictures



I decided to make some washclothes, but I'm not your usual square cloth kind of girl. I can do one that way, but then I've got to change things up. So I did. I wanted a sort of lacy look, without having to spend a lot of time on a complicated pattern. I wanted fast too. I can't spend too much time crocheting because I'm doing National Novel Writing Month (Almost 25,000 words so far!) so a fast pattern waas a must.

I have one trim pattern I can remember with little effort and I knew it could be used in different ways because I made a scarf with it once, by connecting rows of it as I went. The picture shows a close up of that trim.



So with a little bending and experimenting I figured out how to fold this trim on itself and create a square fabric.



I'm not sure it will work as a washcloth, but I really like the results.



I have plans for more including a spiral and maybe a granny motif. They are part of what will be a colorful Yule gift, especially since I am using only the cotton I already have. The person getting them will appreciate not only the color palette but the interesting pattersn as well.

I have mentioned it before, but I love my camera and I take it everywhere. I thought I'd show you a few of the subjects I've found to photograph. Oddly enough the pretty white roses and the tree are from the parking lot in Roseville where my job is located.





No comments: