Sunday, June 21, 2009

Toria's Fancy Birthday Dress



Dress is made party is over and both were a success!

I spent a lot of time procrastinating over this dress. making scared the hell out of me so I did a lot of practice projects. The wallet mentioned in a previous post, a big purse, and a laptop sleeve so I can carry my laptop in the big purse. They all turned out well, but they aren't clothes. So finally, with only a week to spare, I got to work on the dress. I never use real patterns, so figuring it out was my first problem. Then I realized the pattern was going to be a bit too big. So I made the elastic that went around the back smaller, there was a waist tie already. To solve the length problem I added ties to the inside of the dress that created gathers at the bottom and could be tied to just the right length (I figured out that a couple more ties would have made it look better, but the four I did do worked). So here it is.



She's not really posing, she just had her nails painted and is trying not to touch anything. The wind was blowing a lot that day.

I even made her a matching purse out of the remaining fabric with regular leopard print cotton as a lining. I used it as her gift bag.



It was a tea party for princesses so all the little girls were dressed in their best.



They all got their own teacups and saucers (but the real tea didn't go over well)



They decorated their own gift purses, made beaded necklaces and played Mother May I. And fancy dresses did nothing to hinder the mad rush for candy once the pinata was broken open.



Oh and everyone loved the cake my mom decorated.



Toria's mom was feeling crafty too. Check out the teapot!



(This was the healthiest party you've ever seen. Watermelon, catelope, apples and grapes. Even the cake was gluten free due to Toria's strict diet. Gluten makes her sick)

This was a fun party and I am so glad Toria loved her dress. What a relief.





No comments: