Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hatin' on the Hook

I just don't get it. I don't understand why some knitters have such a passionate hate for crocheting. Okay, so you don't enjoy the craft but what is up with the animosity?

I receive Knitting Daily a newsletter by Interweave Press. They give tips and patterns for mostly knitting but also for crochet. Well, for one issue Kim Werker, the editor of Interweave Crochet wrote about crochet. The way some knitters reacted to an article about crochet you would have thought Kim was writing in favor of rape or something. It was mean and hateful and frankly rather childish. They were offended and angry that Knitting Daily would dare include crochet in its contents. Never mind this is a free newsletter and is basically meant to be an advertisement for all things Interweave Press, they were downright pissed off the the "C" word was even mentioned.

Okay, so you don't like a craft, so what. I don't particularly like knitting but I don't hate it, it is just not my thing. I am not going to demonize it or anyone who mentions it around me. I guess its part of a spoiled brat attitude to think that if you don't like something you should never have to hear about it or see it and if you do its okay to throw a temper tantrum.

I really have to stop reading the comment sections of blogs and articles. This is the second time I have written about the comment section. I constantly find myself disappointed in the intelligence levels of so many people who feel the need to leave comments. I realize not every knitter is a foolish as those I am speaking of, but its never the rational people who leave an impression.

No comments: